5 Family Adventure Activities in India
From the vast stretch of the Himalaya in the north to the peninsular coast from Bengal to Kutch and from the hues of North East to the white desert of Kutch in Gujarat, India offers a diverse landscape that makes it a hub of several adventure activities. The shifting dunes from the incredible state of Rajasthan to the vast ecosphere from the states of South India and from the deep sea hues of Andaman to the legless beaches of Goa, India adheres some of the best family adventures that bustles one’s holiday with thrilling memories. The exotic walk that offers life to explore the nature around, jungle safaris that perks up with a rejuvenating weekend, desert camping that makes you to whisper at the sunset, rafting that pulse you back to your energizing days, family adventures in India just keeps your family in one single frame, that is EXCITEMENT.
Rafting and camping in Rishikesh, Wildlife jeep safaris at Ranthambhore National Park and Kanha National Park, Elephant Safaris at Kaziranga National Park, Gorumara National Park and Bandipur National Park, walking tours (hiking) in the Himalaya and Western Ghats and camping in Thar Desert are some of the liveliest family adventure activities in India.
1. Camping: One of the most demanded adventure activities in India is camping. Whether you head for Jaisalmer in the winters or to the mountains in the north during the summers you will certainly seek for an exotic desert camping or a refreshing mountain camping respectively. You don’t have to be an adventurer for this but surely the colourful horizon of Jaisalmer after an enchanting camel safari in Thar Desert and the breathtaking and serene natural ambiance in the midst of deep valleys bedded with thick forest and crisscrossed by streams turn your ideal life to an adventurer. Even if you are with your family certain easy and short treks in the Indian Himalaya allows you to camp comfortably. Camping at the shore of the Pangong Lake in Ladakh and at the hues of Dodital in the Garhwal Himalaya are some of the ideal places. Further to a lofty height at Dzongri in Sikkim, overlooking the Mt. Kanchenjunga, and to the lush green meadows of Har Ki Dun Valley… camping with your family remains a grapevine. Whereas White Water River Rafting Camps in Rishikesh absorbs one to bustle in several other activities like indoor and outdoor games, hiking, forest camping, mountain beach camping, bon fire nights and rafting in Rishikesh OFFCOURSE.
2. Wildlife Jeep Safari: When you think of a refreshing getaway you think beyond the nature…into the wild, and an escape to the whispering and shivering jungles makes your dream come true. Over the years wildlife jeep safaris are becoming one of the pulsating family adventure activities in India. A drive that steer the wheels deep into the woods allowing you to acquaint several species of plants and animals, is more than just an adventure activity but also a refreshing break. One can head for a wildlife jeep safari in India in Ranthambhore National Park in Rajasthan, Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand, Kanha National Park and Bandhavgarh National Park in Madhya Pradesh, Bandipur National Park in Karnataka, Gir National Park in Gujarat and Kaziranaga National Park in Assam and more. The wildlife jeep safaris are mostly opened from October to June and are closed during the monsoons. Nonetheless it allows your children to acquaint with the wild nature what they draw from their school books.
3. Elephant Safari: Some of you may seek for Elephant safaris when you are outing with your family. When you are holidaying with your family in the incredible state of Rajasthan and you are in the royal and cultural colours of Jaipur city, a traditional Elephant Safari from Amber Fort is a must. Then one can also head for an Elephant Safari at the Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand, Bandipur National Park in Karnataka, Kaziranga National Park in Assam, Jaldapara National Park in North Bengal and in Periyar National Park in Kerala. Nowadays Elephant Safaris has become one of the prior family adventure activities in India, offering a lazy yet memorable trail in the jungles and acquainting the nature closely.
4. Walking Tours: Increasingly winning everyone’s heart walking tours in India are becoming the topmost family adventure activities especially for those who can’t enchant other adventures in India. Walking tours are especially meant to be a leisure walk in the mountains that occupies your mind, body and soul from aura to the eventide tranquility. A perfect getaway with your family for a hiking can be in vast stretch of the Himalaya range.
The foothills of the Indian Himalaya take you through a journey en route the small traditional villages, deep wooded valleys and high, wide ridges affording spectacular views of the majestic mountain peaks. The niche getaway is to discover the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary in the secluded Kumaon Hills where you can experience the unique lifestyle of the locals as well. An exotic walk winding up and down the forest allows you to acquaint several species of plant and animal life.
Hiking is also possible in the Saryu and Pindar Valleys that is occupied with isolated and traditional hamlets, culture and hospitality. Further the enchanting view of some of the snow capped peaks and walking down a landscape of steep, cultivated terraces and dense forests, which cloak the foothills, acquaint you to capture the hues of Khal Jhuni, the last village before entering Tibet.
Some other hiking in the Indian Himalaya are the Kedarnath Trek and Valley of Flowers. Moreover while you are camping in Rishikesh you may also head for short hikes to some nearby destinations. The hills of Himachal – Shimla, Kullu Valley, Manali, Dharamshala and Dalhousie also offer some of the breathtaking hikes.
Further… the lofty hills of the Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats offers some short hiking destinations in India that offers a refreshing scenic beauty. Some major destinations for hiking in the Western Ghats are Munnar and Wayanad in Kerala, Ooty in Tamil Nadu, Coorg in Karnataka, Khandala-Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar in Maharashtra. In the Eastern Ghats the Araku Valley offers the best hiking.
5. Rafting: Being the mother of all adventures in India, rafting is also considered as one of the major family adventure activities in India. Though when you are with your family you cannot go for certain stretches but white water river rafting in Rishikesh offer you to experience such a thrilling experience from Marine Drive to Shivpuri and from Brahmpuri to Rishikesh, which are the ideal stretches to go for rafting in Rishikesh with your family. Moreover river rafting is also possible On River Beas in Himachal Pradesh, River Indus in Ladakh region, River Brahmaputra in Arunachal Pradesh and River Teesta in Sikkim. In you are seeking for rafting in Ladakh region with your family… the stretch from Phey to Nimo on the River Indus is a wise pick.
So make your ideal vacation in India an adventurous holiday with your family and experience the exciting moments filled with pulsation and thrill.
- 1. Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 2. 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- 3. Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- 4. How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- 5. Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- 6. What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?
- Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?