Camping and Rafting in Rishikesh – Do’s and Don’ts
‘Row, row, row your boat… Gently down the stream… Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily… Life is but a dream’. Our childhood rhyme seemed so versed and pleasing. But things turned out slam-bang when your direful teenage heart throbbed to an impassioned adventurer and life started to holler instead of riming easy verse. Once a childhood trauma, now a dreamlike adventure, rafting in Rishikesh down the splashing River Ganga is an ultimate goal of an adventure freak like you. ‘Row, row, row your raft… beating down the stream… speedily, speedily, speedily, speedily… white water rafting in Rishikesh is but a beam’.
The challenge begins from Kaudiyala to Rishikesh, which is the advanced level of river rafting in Rishikesh and it covers a distance of 36 kms having 6 major rapids. The moderate level from Marine Drive to Rishikesh covers a distance of 25 kms having 4 major rapids whereas the standard level from Shivpuri covers a distance of 16 kms having 3 major rapids and the basic level from Brahmpuri that covers 9 kms is having 2-3 easy rapids. Down the stream along the ridge there are many rafting camps… thus allowing tourists and adventurers to seek for both camping and rafting in Rishikesh. The destination is also a popular tourist destination that hosts many yoga centers, temples and ashrams. Not only domestic tourists but one will often encounter many international tourists seeking for meditation and yoga. Nonetheless Rishikesh also offers bountiful adventure activities like kayaking, bungee jumping, hiking, cliff diving and body surfing.
One stepping into Rishikesh for camping and rafting has to follow certain rules and regulations. The comprehensive Do’s and Don’ts list below… makes your rafting holiday in Rishikesh safe and sound. There are few who misguide the rules and regulations while rafting in Rishikesh and usually end up with an accident… but actually river rafting in Rishikesh can be enjoyed by people of all age groups. The availability resources and expert guides and instructors assure complete safety and heighten your rafting experience to the ultimate.
1. Do thorough researches about white water river rafting in Rishikesh that will aid your physical and mental ability whether you can engage in such activity or not.
2. Do look for a reliable and experienced rafting charter who will guide you down the course and offer you a successful and memorable rafting.
3. Do carry a waterproof camera if you want to capture the thrilling moments and the mesmerizing scenic beauty.
4. Do ask for a waterproof bag to keep your valuables dry during the activity.
5. Do bring a spare change of clothes as rafting will make you WET!
6. Do be in light and airy clothing and if you are wearing specs, make sure it’s secure with a rubber tie.
7. Do cooperate and listen to your guide as instructions are called out to the team.
8. Do be a team player.
9. Do make sure you get back to the campsite before dark.
10. Do check your raft for any damages before your rafting starts.
11. Do use a checklist so that you do not miss out on some essentials you will regret later
1. Don’t go for advanced and moderate levels if you are a beginner. Time will come for you after gaining 2-3 basic to standard experiences.
2. Don’t drink and go for rafting… else you will be fuddling to death down the course.
3. Don’t carry jewelleries or any fashionable and expensive items. Keep them at your rafting camp or at the hotel. It’s secure there.
4. Don’t panic if your raft tilts. You will be wearing life-jackets that will keep you to float for 72 hours even if you don’t know swimming. Enjoy that moment of your accident. Keep your eyes towards the sky and let your body loose. Try to reach the edge of a ridge or a beach down the shore. Help will come soon or you will be picked by any other raft that is behind you.
5. Don’t go for outing at the night when you are camping.
6. Don’t try to feed or harass wildlife
7. Don’t leave the campsite or go to sleep while the campfire is still hot. Make sure you put off the fire properly before moving away or going to sleep.
- 1. Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 2. 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- 3. Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- 4. How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- 5. Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- 6. What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?
- Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?