Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
“The first river you paddle runs through the rest of your life. It bubbles up in pools and eddies to remind you who you are.”
Rishikesh is certainly an empyrean for those who want to quench their adrenaline rush in the midst of nature’s bounty. With the multiplicity of enthralling rapids, this ‘adventure capital of India’ embraces the majestic Garhwal Himalayas, glinting Ganges, verdant foliage and much more than mere words can define. There are many routes for rafting in Rishikesh. One the most preferred rafting route among the adventure enthusiasts in Rishikesh is the route from Marine Drive.
Marine Drive to Laxman Jhula: An overview
Marine Drive to Laxman Jhula stretch comprises five hours of exhilarating experience of river rafting. It is a moderate level of rafting and an adventure; whether you are a novice or a veteran, you can enjoy this adventure activity with equal excitement and delight. Gushing through the turbulent waves accelerates the adrenaline rush and the scenic vistas soothe the eyes like nowhere else.
What are the different Rapids and Grades?
The various grades and stirring rapids draw rafters from all around the world to Rishikesh. On the route from Marine Drive to Lakshman Jhula, the rafters cross the below-mentioned rapids:
- Three Blind Mice (Grade III)
- Cross Fire (Grade II)
- Return to Sender (Grade II)
- Roller Coaster (Grade III+)
- Golf Course (Grade III+)
- Initiation (Grade II)
- Hilton (Grade II)
- Double Trouble (Grade II)
What are the other activities that can be enjoyed?
Other than river rafting, the adventure enthusiasts can also enjoy several other sports such as:
- Cliff Jumping
- Body surfing
What are the camp activities?
While basking on the beach camp in Rishikesh, a traveler can also enjoy myriad exciting camp activities. These activities include Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Beach Volleyball, Badminton, Cricket, Kayaking, Hiking, etc.
What is the best season?
The best time to carry out Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting is from 20th September to 30th November and then from 01st March to 15th June.
What are the basic things to carry?
For the rafting tour in Rishikesh, one must try to keep the rucksack as light as possible. Here are the basic essentials that are must to carry on the trip:
- Torch (not obligatory)
- Common Medicine (Disprine, Crocin etc)
- Prescribed Medicines
- Mobile with Charger
- Warm Clothes if the trip is in cool season
- Shoes for trekking
- T- Shirt, Floaters and Bermuda for river rafting
How to reach Rishikesh?
Rishikesh is easily accessible from all the major cities nearby. The easiest ways to reach Rishikesh are:
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun (20 kilometers) is the nearest airbase from Rishikesh.
By Rail: Haridwar (25 kilometers) is the nearest railhead from the town of Rishikesh.
By Road: Rishikesh is accessible from the nearby regions like Dehradun, Haridwar, New Delhi, etc. through wonderful road network.
For every tourist seeking for thrill, Marine Drive to Laxman Jhula river rafting adventure is the perfect choice to make. Embark on an adventure trip to this town and grab some of the best holiday experience that everyone quests for.
- 1. Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 2. 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- 3. Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- 4. How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- 5. Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- 6. What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?
- Important Things to Consider While River Rafting
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind while going for Rafting
- Rishikesh: The Yoga & Meditation Centre in India
- How to Prepare Yourself for a River Rafting Trip?
- Marine Drive to Rishikesh River Rafting Guide: An Expedition offering Utter Jubilation
- What to expect from River Rafting in Rishikesh?